The new round of World cup Fantasy is just around the corner. In fact, it is just under 24 hours before Matchday 2 begins. For that reason, we have brought in Fantasy Football Scout and Fantasy Football Community contributor @FPLReactions (Louis) for his expert team thoughts for Matchday 2.
Looking at expert team thoughts for Matchday 2 can be very helpful to other World Cup Fantasy managers. Looking into the thoughts of @FPLReaction can aid with key factors like transfers, chip strategy and captaincy preparations.
At the time of writing, some of my players are yet to play in Matchday 1. For that reason, those same players have not had their Matchday 2 fixture updated. The untested theory of utilising a wildcard to build a team in Matchday 2 and Matchday 3 is a concern.
Due to the above and my team looking in fairly good shape, I have decided against activating the wildcard until Matchday 3. It is likely I navigate Matchday 2 with my free transfers.
- I made two free transfers in Matchday 1 with Matchday 2 in mind. I transferred out Wahbi Khazri (who did not start) for Daichi Kamada for his game against Germany and his Matchday 2 fixture against Costa Rica.
- My second transfer was also made with Matchday 2 in mind. I sold Steven Bergwijn for Mohammed Kudus who plays against South Korea in the round ahead.
- When Matchday 2 begins I will have two free transfers. They could be used for either Jaokim Maehle and Ronaldo or Skov Olsen and Ronaldo.
- I will be looking to target Memphis Depay for his fixture against Ecuador. Depay is relentless when playing for his country and takes penalties.
- I am debating my options. I will replace either Maehle or Skov Olsen and there are plenty of options available to do that.
- The three main captaincy candidates for Matchday 2 are Lionel Messi, Kevin De Bruyne and Neymar.
Looking for some of the best differentials in Matchday 2? Check those out right here.