The World Cup continues. Our first Group F match kick off begins today. We take a look at the Croatia v Morocco match. We will highlight the line-ups, pick out the key moments and standout World Cup Fantasy performances during the match.
Covering the Croatia v Morocco match can be very useful to World Cup Fantasy managers. Highlighting line-ups, key moments and standout fantasy performances can aid decisions regarding future transfers, captaincies and chip strategy.
Lineu-ups – Croatia
Borna Sosa (£3.5m) starts the match. Sosa is a popular asset within the World Cup Fantasy community. Managers will be hoping for a clean sheet at the very least. Midfielder Luka Modric (£8.5m) also starts the match.
Some managers will be keeping a close eye on Sofiane Boufal (£6m). The midfielder takes the penalties and could be an interesting asset moving forward. Hakim Ziyech (£7m) will be looking to regain his old form and push Morocco to victory.
- Croatia started the game well whilst Morocco sustained a solid high press.
- Moroccan midfielder Hakim Ziyech whipped a fantastic ball into the box. Ziyech’s cross failed to reach its target.
- Borna Sosa slides in a dangerous pass towards his teammate but the goalkeeper collected the ball.
- Croatia’s Luka Modric (£8.5m) flashed a left footed shot over the bar.
- Half time came.
- Play resumed for the second half and a change has been made. Croatia’s Nikola Vlasic (£5m) has been substituted off for fellow midfielder Mario Pasalic (£5m).
- After a clash in the box Moroccan defender Noussair Mazraoui (£5m) received some treatment but looks to be ok.
- Sofiane Boufal was substituted off around the 65th minute.
- Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric (£6m) was substituted off around the 70th minute.
- The first yellow card was produced as Moroccan midfielder Sofyan Amrabat (£5.5m) fouled Luka Modric.
- Ivan Perisic (£7.5m) was replaced towards the end of the match.
- The match ended 0-0.
Standout World Cup Fantasy performances
- The game ended 0-0 and because of this there were plenty of defensive returns. Borna Sosa picked up six points for his clean sheet.
- Equally Achraf Hakimi (£5m) picked up six points for his clean sheet, along with Nayef Aguerd (£4m) and the rest of the defence.
@FPLReaction’s (Louis) comments
I expected Croatia to struggle in breaking Morocco down. Despite this I did expect more from Croatia going forward.
Both defences held up well and moving forward it could be a good idea to invest in both sides defensive assets. Sofiane Boufal came off early and that is a concern considering I was monitoring him.
Who passed the eye test in Group B Matchday 1? Find out with our article here.