The World Cup continues. The third place play-off match begins here. We take a look at the Croatia v Morocco match report. We will highlight the line-ups, pick out the key moments and standout World Cup Fantasy performances during the match.
Covering the Croatia v Morocco match can be very useful to World Cup Fantasy managers. Highlighting line-ups, key moments and standout fantasy performances can aid decisions regarding future transfers, captaincies and chip strategy.
Line-ups – Croatia
Defender Borna Sosa (£3.5m) fails to start the match whilst midfielder Ivan Perisic (£7.5m) is moved to left back. Luka Modric (£8.5m) makes his last appearance at a World Cup so will be looking to go out with a bang.
Many World Cup Fantasy managers may have selected defender Achraf Hakimi (£5m) for Matchday 7, he starts. Midfielders Hakim Ziyech (£7m) and Sofiane Boufal (£6m) start, managers will be hoping the latter secures his first attacking return of the campaign.
Key moments – first half
- The match gets underway.
- Morocco goalkeeper Yassine Bounou (£4.5m) is close to kicking the ball into his own net after Croatia’s strong press leads him into an error.
- GOAL! Ivan Perisic sends a ball into the box which is met with a fantastic header from defender Josko Gvardiol (£4m), putting Croatia 1-0 up!
- GOAL! Morocco react with a goal of their own. Hakim Ziyech whips a ball into the path of defender Achraf Dari (£4.5m) who nods the ball into the net! 1-1!
- CHANCE! Luka Modric dribbles the ball onto his left foot and strikes a shot from outside the box but his shot is pushed away by the goalkeeper.
- Sofiane Boufal surges into the Croatian box. However, the opposing defender makes a great challenge to stop the shot.
- CHANCE! Hakim Ziyech whips a great ball into the box from a corner but striker Youssef En-Neyri (£5.5m) fails to take advantage of the near post opportunity.
- GOAL! Striker Mislav Orsic (£5m) curls a fantastic shot from an extremely tight angle and the ball scrapes the goalkeepers gloves, comes off the post and pings into the back of the net! It’s 2-1 to Croatia!
- The whistle blows for half time.
- The second half is underway.
- Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric (£6m) comes off the pitch injured.
- Sofiane Boufal comes off the pitch and fails to contribute towards any of the goals.
- Morocco defender Jawad El Yamiq (£3.5m) is being substituted off.
- There has been a huge lack of chances in the second half so far.
- There is calls for a penalty as Josko Gvardiol goes down in the box but to no prevail.
- CHANCE! The Croatia goalkeeper makes a huge save to deny Youssef En-Nesyri from scoring from close range.
- CHANCE! Mislav Orsic provides a great pass leaving midfielder Mateo Kovacic (£6.5m) one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Kovacic’s shot is well wide.
- CHANCE! Morocco have a great opportunity to score from a cross but Youssef En-Nesyri headers over the bar.
- The whistle blows for fulltime and Croatia win the third place play-off 2-1!
World Cup Fantasy standout performances
- The highest scoring player in the game was Croatia’s Josko Gvardiol after his headed goal helped him reach eight points.
- Morocco’s Achraf Dari bagged seven points for his goal.
- Croatia’s Mislav Orsic picked up six points after scoring his goal.
@FPLReaction’s (Louis) comments
Both teams have provided value during their World Cup campaign and whilst Croatia’s standout asset throughout was Ivan Perisic, Luka Modric may have been their biggest disappointment. The Morocco defence stayed strong during their campaign and provided excellent value for money in their backline.
Fantasy Premier League is approaching so be sure to keep up to date with all of our FPL articles right here.