The Champions League continues so we take a look at the UCL Fantasy expert team reveals for Matchday 3. Our expert managers reveal their teams, explain some of the rationale behind their picks, discuss the teams they want to target and even share their captaincy thoughts.
Taking a look at the UCL Fantasy expert team reveals for Matchday 3 can be absolutely essential for lots of different reasons. Knowing which players to buy, which teams to target, who to captain and more can be really helpful to gaining rank and an edge over our mini-league rivals.
Note: All teams are subject to change
- The first 2 MD’s haven’t really gone to plan. However, my team looks (on paper) set up nicely for MD3.
- I have no plans to use my WC but the two transfers will have to go on Lewa and Ivanusec given injuries. With that in mind the likes of Griezman, Felix and Hoijlund are in consideration.
- Captaincy is likely Sane followed by Haaland but there are a lot more captaincy options this MD than last.
- My thinking right now for MD3 is to just use my 2FTs and hope for the best against everyone who will be on WC.
- The two players likely going out for me are Kounde who is injured and Marusic or Saul. The players I am looking at as replacements are Raum/Hendrichs, Porto defence and maybe even one of Ake or Akanji for Man City.
- Day 1 captaincy in MD3 was always Kane and I am going to stick with that with Haaland Day 2 Captain if Kane doesn’t perform as expected.
- Big differentials for me are the likes of Musiala and the Man Utd double up.
- I’m leaning towards using the wildcard.
- I have too many players I don’t want for the double up – a lot more solid in defence and funds spread more even around the team.
- Awaiting injury updates from press conferences.
- I’ll be waiting for Inter line-ups and if someone isn’t starting I’ll sell.
- There are a lot of great options for people on the Wildcard and we could see a high scoring round.
- Day 1 captain will be Kane and day 2 Haaland.
- When I set up my MD1 team, I had already planned to minimize the transfers in MD3.
- My hope was to be able to roll at least one transfer into MD4. However, unfortunately both of my Barcelona players are injured. Because of that I’ll be forced to make two “horizontal” moves. One of those moves is Kounde -> Joao Cancelo. The Portuguese should be pretty nailed and he’s probably one of the best defenders in the game. I am expecting a clean sheet and at least one attacking return. This is because I don’t expect Shaktar to perform so far away from home against a side with the quality of Barcelona.
- My second transfer is – Lewandowski -> Joao Felix. With Kounde upgraded to Cancelo, my budget to replace Lewandowski was under 10M. The options on the table for me were Felix, Isak, Hojlund and Alvarez. I have already doubled-up on City’s attack, so I feel I’m covered, I don’t trust Man United enough to go for Hojlund (Copenaghen managed to hold off Bayern for a long time too). In addition, between Isak and Felix, the Portuguese has by far the better fixture (and I also already own Gordon to cover for Newcastle).
- The rest of the team should be solid enough to carry me through MD4, until MD5 when I eventually use my Wildcard chip.
- I really like Openda this week and think he could have huge potential.
- I will also likely replace Kounde due to injury for a hit.
- My captaincy is currently on Kane for the first day.
Check out the best captains and best differential captains for UCL Fantasy Matchday 3 on both the Tuesday and Wednesday right here.