The World Cup is now here. Our first kick off begins with the hosts. We take a look at the Qatar v Ecuador match. We will highlight the line-ups, pick out the key moments and standout World Cup Fantasy performances during the match.
Covering the Qatar v Ecuador match can be very useful to World Cup Fantasy managers. Highlighting line-ups, key moments and standout fantasy performances can aid decisions regarding future transfers, captaincies and chip strategy.
Line-ups – Qatar
Striker Almoez Ali (£4.5m) will be looking to become his country’s highest scoring player today. But another key player for Qatar is Akram Afif (£4.5m). Afif scored two goal and created three assists in his recent Gold Cup campaign.
Readers may recognise Brighton defender Pervis Estupinan (£4.5m). Many within the community may have selected Estupinan and will be hoping for a clean sheet. Ecuador captain Enner Valencia (£6.5m) will be seeking to lead his team to victory.
- After mass panic in the Qatar box, Ecuador striker Enner Valencia (£6.5m) nods the ball into a gaping net to put his team ahead. The goal was then ruled out by VAR due to offside.
- Enner Valencia was brought down by Qatar goalkeeper Saal Al Sheeb (£4m) giving the South American’s a penalty. Valencia placed his penalty into the bottom right corner, making it 1-0.
- Saal Al Sheeb was yellow carded for giving the penalty away.
- Almoez Ali picked up a yellow card after a foul on Enner Valencia.
- Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo (£5.5m) received a yellow card due to his challenge.
- Ecuador defender Angelo Preciado (£4.5m) whips in a ball from the right wing and reaches striker Enner Valencia. Valencia’s perfectly placed header glides past Al Sheeb to make it 2-0.
- The first half ended 2-0 to Ecuador.
- Ecuador midfielder Romario Ibarra £5.5m was substituted off despite his one shot on target.
- Qatar’s Almoez Ali was substituted off on the 71st minute.
- Scorer of both goals, Enner Valencia, was substituted off with an injury around the 77th minute.
- Qatar striker Akram Afif picks up a yellow card.
- The match ended 2-0 to Ecuador despite Ecuador’s tired second half offensive display.
Standout World Cup Fantasy performances
- Ecuador striker Enner Valencia was one of the most successful assets. Furthermore, his penalty and headed goal helped him hit his double-digit haul.
- Also, amongst the successful Ecudor backline, Angelo Preciado created an assist but also kept his clean sheet. This made Preciado one of the highest points earners in the match.
Qatar were extremely poor defensively and offensively despite early signs of some quality. This leads me to believe that backing assets from teams playing against them moving forward could be hugely beneficial. Qatar were blunt in attack and open at the back and Ecuador’s Enner Valencia took advantage of their defensive fragilities.
Although it was a very solid performance by Ecuador, it is very difficult to measure how good their team and assets are because of the quality of their opponents.
You can catch up with all of our World Cup Fantasy articles right here.