Chelsea v Man City match report
Taking a look at line-ups, goals, assists, clean sheets and anything else we could highlight that could have implications for FPL managers. We cover the Chelsea v Man City match report. Covering eye test and key moments through-out the match with the help of the Fantasy Football Scout members area.
Overviewing the Chelsea v Man City match report can be helpful in identifying key moments in the match. This can then give FPL managers a good insight into which players and teams looked good, key injuries, fitness and even more to help us make decisions in FPL.
Line-ups – Chelsea
Many managers within the community will be backing Goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga (£4.6m) who starts the match. Some may have selected midfielder Mason Mount (£7.6m) who fails to make the squad due to injury.
Defenders Kyle Walker (£4.8m) and Joao Cancelo (£7.3m) both start the match after failing to start the last several games. It could be the latter’s last chance to impress in fantasy teams. Erling Haaland (£12.2m) starts the game. A lot of managers will be hoping he outperforms Aleksander Mitrovic (£7.2m) who was another popular captaincy choice this week.
Key moments – First half
- The first half gets underway.
- There has been a significant change as Chelsea midfielder Raheem Sterling (£9.7m) picks up an injury and is replaced.
- CHANCE! Chelsea midfielder Christian Pulisic (£5.7m) receives a pass in the Man City box but his shot is blocked by the defender.
- There has been another significant change as Christian Pulisic picks up and injury and comes off the field of play.
- CHANCE! Erling Haaland gets a huge opportunity to score but hits it just over the bar. That should have been 1-0 to Man City.
- CHANCE! Chelsea midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka (£4.3m) smashes a thundering shot towards goal and it rattles the left post.
- The whistle blows for half time.
- There has been changes at half time with both Kyle Walker and Joao Cancelo making way.
- CHANCE! Man City defender Nathan Ake (£5m) connects with the cross but his header crashes off the right post.
- CHANCE! Man City midfielder Bernado Silva (£6.8m) finds a rebound inside the Chelsea box but his shot is blocked.
- CHANCE! Chelsea centre back Thiago Silva (£5.4m) has a huge opportunity to score when he finds a kind rebound in the Man City box. However his shot is well wide. That was a big chance for Chelsea to take the lead.
- There has been more changes for Man City as both midfielder Phil Foden (£8.2m) and Bernado Silva leave the field of play.
- GOAL! Man City’s Jack Grealish (£6.8m) finds a pass and fellow midfielder Riyad Mahrez (£7.5m) slots the ball into the Chelsea net! It’s 1-0 to Man City!
- After a lack of chances for both sides the match drags out and the whistle blows for fulltime. Man City win 1-0.
Standout FPL performances
- Man City defender John Stones (£5.4m) was the biggest success. He collected nine points for his clean sheet and three bonus points.
- Nathan Ake and Man City goalkeeper Ederson (£5.4m) both picked up eight points for their clean sheet and two bonus.
- Riyad Mahrez hit six points for scoring the goal.
How have some teams dealt with the busy festive period? We highlight some of the best performing team and players during the busy schedule in our article here.