What did we learn from Fulham v Wolves
We take a look at what did we learn from Fulham v Wolves. Covering who passed the eye test, the biggest returners, who topped the bonus points, line-ups, key moments, player minutes and overall implications that could affect FPL moving forward.
In a change of format from the original match report structure we now cover even more! Looking at what did we learn from Fulham v Wolves will provide even more information for FPL managers to consider for their future plans.
Line-ups – Fulham
Line-ups – Wolves
Key moments – first half
- The first half gets underway.
- Both teams have created dangerous balls into the box early on, both have failed to make anything of it.
- Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha (£4.9m) picks up a yellow card for his challenge.
- CHANCE! Wolves midfielder Pablo Sarabia (£5.5m) finds himself in front of goal with a clear sight of goal but his close range finish was a poor one and an easy save for the goalkeeper.
- GOAL! Pablo Sarabia makes up for his earlier miss. Striker Raul Jimenez (£6.7m) cushions a header down after a cross was played into the Fulham box. Pablo Sarabia is there to half volley the ball passed the goalkeeper into the left side of the goal! It’s 1-0 to Wolves!
- CHANCE! Fulham midfielder Bobby De Cordova-Reid (£5.5m) makes a great run down the right hand side, finds room for a looping cross but it’s a soft header from striker Carlos Vinicius (£5.4m) and an easy save from the goalkeeper.
- CHANCE! Fulham win a central free kick just outside the Wolves box. Midfielder Andreas Pereira (£4.4m) steps up and forces a save.
- The whistle blows for half time.
Key moments – second half
- The second half gets underway.
- CHANCE! Pablo Sarabia whips a curling cross into the Fulham box and is flicked just wide off the head of Raul Jimenez.
- GOAL! What a strike! Fulham substitute and striker Mano Solomon (£4.9m) creates space to shoot outside the Wolves box. His strike curls all the way round the goalkeeper into the right side of the net. It’s 1-1!
- Andreas Pereira picks up a yellow card for his foul.
- Eight minutes of additional time are added.
- CHANCE! Fulham defender Kenny Tete (£4.4m) finds Carlos Vinicus with a cross. The latter forces a brilliant save from the goalkeeper with his header.
- The match ends 1-1.
Which players passed the eye test?
- Pablo Sarabia looked like Wolves’ best player on the pitch. The winger created chances and scored a very good goal to help his team take the lead.
- Raul Jiminez showed sparkles of his old form. He linked up with Pablo Sarabia brilliantly assisting for the goal unselfishly and coming close on another occasion.
Who returned the most points?
- Pablo Sarabia banked the biggest return. His goal and three bonus meant he hit a big 10 points in FPL.
- Antonee Robinson bagged seven points after creating an assist and collecting two bonus.
- Matching his teammate was Mano Soloman who played just 45 minutes but scored and earned one bonus point.
- Fulham striker Aleksander Mitrovic (£6.8m) failed to start the match.
- Bobby De Cordova-Reid played just 46 minutes.
- Fulham midfielder Harrison Reid (£4.4m) played 46 minutes.
- Wolves striker Matheus Cunha (£5.5m) played 60 minutes due to injury.
- Wolves midfielder Adama Traore (£5.4m) came onto play 30 plus minutes.
- Pablo Sarabia and Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunez (£4.8m) played 75 minutes.
- Wolves midfielders Joao Moutinho (£4.7m) and Daniel Podence (£5.3m) played 25 plus minutes.
- Fulham midfielder Willian (£5.7m) played 83 minutes.
- Fulham midfielder Harry Wilson (£5.7m) played just around 10 minutes.
- Raul Jimenez played 83 minutes. Replacing him for the last 10 minutes was Wolves striker Diego Costa (£5.4m)
Overall FPL implications
- Aleksander Mitrovic’s failure to make the squad could be a serious issue. With a huge lack of form on top of that, it could be a good time to sell him.
- Joao Palhinha’s yellow card means he will miss Fulham’s next two matches. This could have a hugely negative impact on their performances in those matches overall.
- Wolves looked much better than their usual standard. The link-up play between Pablo Sarabia and Raul Jimenez was fantastic so it could be worth monitoring both players moving forward.
- Fulham played well but struggled in attack without Aleksander Mitrovic.
- Andreas Pereira had a very quiet game.
The MLS Fantasy deadline is approaching fast. Get your teams ready with the help of our team reveal article right here.