The campaign continues! We take a look at MLS Fantasy Round 23 team reveals from some of the most experienced managers around. They share their thoughts on their teams going into the new round including captaincy.
Looking at MLS Fantasy Round 23 team reveals can be extremely beneficial for new managers. Seeing some of the best assets, who managers will be looking to captain and their general thoughts can help bring clarity within our own teams.
- John McCarthy would my primary goalkeeper given LAFC’s double Gameweek and promising defensive matchups in Round 23. However, LAFC’s number one goalkeeper, Maxime Crépeau, is hot on the comeback trail following a broken leg and may soon return to the starting XI.
- In defence, one of Diego Palacios and Aaron Long will feature alongside McCarthy.
- Julian Gressel, Brooks Lennon and Kai Wagner also make my team thanks to their favourable matchups and offensive potential, with Lennon fresh off the back of a 12-point haul away to Seattle in Round 22.
- My final defensive spot will likely go to one of Justen Glad or Michael Boxall. RSL have a decent home matchup against Houston and Glad offers both bonus point production and goal threat. However, I may ultimately go with Boxall, who stands an equally good chance of a clean sheet at home to the off-colour Sounders and whose later game offers greater line-up flexibility.
- In midfield, Lionel Messi was the first player in my team this week despite playing away to the best defence in the league (New York Red Bulls). Messi’s goals have already propelled Inter Miami to Leagues Cup success and he would be a leading captaincy candidate for Round 23 if it were not for LAFC’s double gameweek.
- Elsewhere, there are several other standout midfield options this week. Lucho Acosta, Thiago Almada, Riqui Puig, Emmanuel Reynoso and Facundo Torres all have favourable home matchups. Reynoso currently misses out for me due to the possible absence of Bongokuhle Hlongwane, whose premature exit due to injury against NYCFC hampered the Argentine’s fantasy output.
- Carles Gil and LAFC midfielders also appeal this week.
- Upfront, Dénis Bouanga and Cucho Hernández are locked in, with the LAFC forward certain to be my captain providing he starts against Colorado.
- My final forward spot is occupied by Jefferson Savarino, who should prosper in the absence of Pablo Ruiz. However, Aaron Boupendza, Jesús Ferreira and Giorgos Giakoumakis are also under consideration.
- Ugly (average) round 22 with 55 points but I only dropped to 1292 OR.
- I am going to forget about that week with so many cancellations.
- Messi and company come into the picture for Round 23!
- LAFC with a DGW so jumping on them and IM assets.
- Messi perma-cap for the remainder of the season?
- Keeping some $ ITB in case McCarthy game 1 isn’t a success.
- 80 points in Round 22 saw me climb up 10 places to 148th overall.
- My goalkeepers for this week are John McCarthy, with a double round against Colorado Rapids and Charlotte FC, Patrick Schulte is my fallback if McCarthy doesn’t score well against the Rapids.
- Alvaro Barreal, Jordi Alba and Julian Gressel all pick themselves this week due to their attacking potential and they all have favourable matchups.
- My other two defenders are Diego Palacios due to him being on a double GW and Brooks Lennon who recorded his 8th assist of the MLS campaign last time out in a 2-0 win against Portland.
- Lionel Messi is, after arriving to MLS in mid July, a lock in midfield this week. He led Inter Miami to the Leagues Cup title after scoring 10 goals in seven games. I expect him to continue that streak ahead of a visit to NYRB.
- I’ve also included Eduard Lowen, Hector Herrera and Aidan Morris in midfield this week after they all returned last round and I like their respective matchups this week.
- My last midfield pick is Luciano Acosta who has a favourable matchup against NYCFC at TQL stadium. Watch out for rotation though as Cincinnati face Inter Miami in the semi-finals of the US Open Cup.
- My forwards this week are Aaron Boupendza, Denis Bouanga and I’m happy to take a punt on Sam Surridge who’s been lively for Nashville in the league cup since joining from Nottingham Forest.
Not sure what to do for Gameweek 3 in FPL? Check out our buy, sell and keep article right here.