The Champions League is edging closer and closer and the UCL Fantasy Group Stage Draw is complete. We take a look through all of the Groups to see which teams have drawn who with brief notes on some of the implications it could have on fantasy managers.
The UCL Fantasy Group Stage Draw is absolutely key to how successful a managers season will be. Knowing who the group favourites are, which teams could be there to target and which groups could be worth avoiding may be a huge help when it comes to creating your squad.
- Bayern come into the competition as group favourites. The German side advanced all of way to the latter stages last season until they were knocked out by winners Manchester City.
- Manchester United pose the biggest threat to Bayern. They are favourites to secure second place.
- Galatasaray could prove tricky for the favourites but still look set to finish third place.
- Copenhagen could well be the team to target in the group.
- Sevilla may have won Europa last season but they have failed to cement their quality in the UCL.
- Arsenal will come into the group as favourites for the top spot after chasing Manchester City down for most of last season in the Premier League.
- PSV could be the surprise package of the groups after a convincing qualification round. The Dutch side have the quality to sneak into the top two spots.
- Lens could pose some problems for the other three sides but still remain under-dogs.
- Real Madrid and Napoli look set to go head-to-head for top spot. Both sides had strong campaigns last season but the Spanish side are suffering with some key player injuries that could dampen the start to their new season.
- Union Berlin have impressed over the last couple of seasons and could pose some problems to the favourites.
- Braga look set for a tough Group Stage and could be the team to target in here.
- There could be a massive battle for first place between Inter and Bnefica. Both progressed to the latter stages of the competition but both have also sold key players during the summer.
- Salzburg and Real Sociedad could cause some difficulties but both are favourites to finish the group at the bottom.
- All four teams could be in the running for top spot here. Atletico, Feyenoord, Lazio and Celtic all had impressive runs domestically last season so it could be a a tense group throughout.
- UCL Fantasy managers may want to avoid heavy investment in this group because of how close it could be. However, there may also be some great budget options here to help enable our squads
- This is the toughest group in the entire draw where all four teams have a good chance of qualification.
- Managers may want to avoid investment with all of the teams involved due to sheer quality of all involved.
- Champions League holders Manchester City are the favourites for the the top spot here. The only team that could pose problems for the English side is likely to be Leipzig. However, Manchester City comfortably dispatched Leipzig in the tournament last season.
- Crvena and Young Boys could be the teams to target in this group.
- Barcelona may have failed to progress from the Group Stages in the 22/23 campaign but they come here again as firm favourites for first place.
- Porto progressed past the Group Stages last season and are second favourites to progress to the Round of 16.
- Shakhtar Donetsk have proved a decent side in past competitions so if any team is going to cause issues for Barcelona and Porto it is likely to be them.
- Newcomers Antwerp look like the team to target in the group.
Check out all of the best premium players in UCL Fantasy right here.