In this article we build the UCL Fantasy best wildcard team for Matchday 5. With the help of team and player form, underlying stats, fixtures and other factors we pick out the best squad to help you tackle the period ahead.
Looking at the UCL Fantasy best wildcard team for Matchday 5 could provide massive help in terms of rank and mini-league position. The Wildcard allows managers to make as many transfers and changes to their squads as they would like before the deadline.
UCL Fantasy Best Wildcard team for Matchday 5
- Dmytro Riznyk (€4m) – The lack of clean sheets during the group stage is a concern. However, it also indicates that we can spend as little as possible on goalkeepers. Riznyk plays for Shakhtar Donetsk who kept a clean sheet against Barcelona in the last round. The Ukrainians also play in the early kick-off in Tuesday. That means we can see their line-up before the deadline and swap Riznyk out on the Wednesday if he fails to return. He also faces Porto in Matchday 6.
- Yann Sommer (€4.5m) – Finding a safe way into the strong Inter backline could be key due to how much they rotate their team. However, Sommer is very likely to start the next two matches for his side as they chase Real Sociedad down to top the group. Inter have matches against Benfica and Real Sociedad.
- Jules Kounde (€5m) – Barcelona bagged two clean sheets in their first two games and they face the same opposition in the next two. The opportunities for clean sheets are there for the Spaniards and one of the cheapest and reliable routes into the backline is Kounde.
- Aihen Munoz (€4.7m) – Real Sociedad have been very impressive this campaign – keeping two clean sheets in their first four matches and sitting joint top of the group. They come up against a poor Salzburg next and a rotation rife Inter in Matchday 6 so there could be clean sheets to pick up. Munoz, the left-back managed an assist in his most recent match – securing a third return on the bounce. He also produced 23 ball recoveries in the same three matches.
- William Saliba (€5.5m) – Arsenal have kept more clean sheets than any other side in the Premier League so far. Because of that and that they have matches against Lens and PSV next they could have clean sheet potential. One player avoiding rotation at the back is Saliba, he also scored in one of his most recent league matches.
- Denzel Dumfries (€5.5m) – Inter may be frustrating with rotation but they have one of the most effective defenders in Europe offensively. In fact the Dutchman has amassed a huge nine attacking returns this season. Dumfries has the potential to keep a clean sheet and register a goal contribution in any given game.
- Giovanni Di Lorenzo (€5.5m) – Napoli are looking much better with the return of star man Victor Osimhen and key defenders from injury. They face a Real Madrid side who have lost both Vinicius Junior and Jude Bellingham due to injury, along with a match against Braga in Matchday 6. Di Lorenzo has produced seven goal contributions already this season.
- Calvin Stengs (€6.2m) – Feyenoord are locked in a tight battle for qualification. This means their best players will start for the next two matches. They have a home match against Atletico, where they are much stronger and then a meeting with rock bottom Celtic. Stengs has managed an impressive seven goals and eight assists for club and country this season. He also plays just behind the striker for his side.
- Wilfried Zaha (€7.5m) – Galatasaray are another side in a tight group. The Turkish side will need results from both of their next matches to guarantee qualification. They also come up against two poor defences in Manchester United and Copenhagen. With that in mind Zaha could be a fantastic option for the next two rounds. He has netted four goals and created one assist in his last four matches.
- Bukayo Saka (€9.6m) – There are multiple factors backing Saka this week. Some of them include his penalty taking duty, the fact he plays at home next – a place he has already managed two double-digit hauls in two matches and his side face Lens and PSV next. Saka is one of the most consistent players in Europe at the moment so it would be unwise to go without him.
- Leroy Sane (€9.1m) – Sane hasn’t exactly ‘pulled up trees’ during his group stage but leaving him out could be extremely risky considering he plays for Bayern who are maintaining three or more goals scored per game. Sane is also one of the most effective midfielders in Europe at the time of writing – collecting eight goals and six assists in just 12 Bundesliga matches.
- Ander Barrenetxea (€4.5m) – Enabling this very expensive team is this man. We have already seen how good Real Sociedad have been this season to they are fully worth investment. UCL Fantasy have provided us with a gem in Barrenetxea. So far he has started every game in the Champions League from the wing. He has also bagged a return in each of his last two UCL matches.
- Harry Kane (€10m) – Bayern have scored between 2-4 goals in all four of their UCL matches so far. They are also sustaining the best scoring average per game in Europe. The main reason for that is none other than Harry Kane. The England captain has produced a jaw-dropping 18 goals in the Bundesliga already. He has also picked up two attacking returns in three of his four Champions League matches. Furthermore, Kane could also be a very could captaincy option in the round ahead.
- Erling Haaland (€11.5m) – Similar to Bayern Manchester City are also a very efficient side when it comes to finding the net. Again, they have one player spear-heading the lethal attack and that is this man. Haaland goes into the next game with two back-to-back double digit hauls in his last two UCL games and six goals and two assists in his last five league matches. Like Kane Haaland is also a very good captain option moving forward.
- Alvaro Morata (€7.8m) – Atletico Madrid have been a very exciting watch this season. The Spanish side are averaging over 2.5 goals scored per game so investing in their frontline makes sense. One half of the deadly duo is Morata who has banked seven goals in 12 league matches and five goals in his last three Champions League matches.
We have also created the best Limitless team for UCL Fantasy Matchday 5 in this article here!