Championship football returns this week and so does fantasy football. With that in mind, we bring in @TomP_FF to provide his GAFFR expert team reveal for Gameweek 1 and explain the reasoning behind his selections.
Taking a look at a GAFFR expert team reveal for Gameweek 1 can be of great use for the community. As we head towards the deadline it could be very beneficial to know how one of the best managers in the game is thinking going into the new round.
- Dieng – He picks himself really, a £4.5m keeper playing for a good Middlesbrough side, will likely be the highest owned player in the game at the first deadline.
- Hazard – A back up keeper who has the potential to start. I doubt I’ll ever need to play him but it is nice to have a playing back up even if it’s just for the first few weeks.
- Key – He has looked good in pre-season, playing at LWB even though he’s known as a RWB. He looks good on the bonus metrics and Swansea have a decent start to the season.
- Manning – He is a great asset. He might have lost the set pieces since moving to Southampton, but he’s great for key passes and bonus. Part of a strong Southampton side on paper despite the tricky trip to Sheffield Wednesday on Friday.
- Mumba – Plymouth fans expect him to start LW in a 4-3-3 system. If not he will play wing-back, where he looked great last season in League 1. He has a nice rotation with other defenders, as after GW1 Plymouth have some tricky games where you may want to bench him.
- Davis – Fantastic stats in League 1, he’s been in everyone of my drafts so far.
- Christie – Probably the player I am most uncertain on, he has nice GW2 and GW4 games but not sure I want him yet.
- Sinisterra – I wanted Leeds coverage and he looks the most nailed, and is at a nice price point.
- Sara – A talisman who will be great for bonus, and can be benched in the tough games, a four-point floor kind of player.
- Dewsbury Hall – He’s been playing advanced for Leicester, like a cheap Ward-Prowse. With Leicester’s opening run you’ll need an asset from them, and I like him at that price, he seems under-priced.
- Clarke and Roberts – Both Sunderland midfielders were great last season, and look good on all bonus fronts. Sunderland have a nice run and were free scoring last season, I’m hoping that continues into this year.
- Piroe – It seems he will start the season at Swansea. Given we’ve got data from his last two Championship seasons, he seems the most reliable for minutes and returns. He could change though if any transfer speculation is around pre-deadline.
- Semedo – Another way into the Sunderland attack, a pretty unknown player but a great option while Stewart is out.
- Chaplin – Looks great on bonus, and seems an all round good pick. Although not proven at this level, I really like Ipswich for a good finish this season and I think Chaplin will be key to that.
Who are the top picks in GAFFR Gameweek 1? Find out in our article here.