The Premier League season continues so we look to the new round. We bring in Fantasy Football Community and Fantasy Football Scout contributor @dmpwright to give you his FPL team reveal for Gameweek 14.
As we approach any given deadline, managers will be scrambling for clarity on some of the biggest decisions in the game like transfers and captaincy. Taking a look at @dmpwright’ team reveal for FPL Gameweek 14 could benefit other managers when making those decisions.
Gameweek 14 team reveal (subject to change)
- I had a decent GW13. I scored 57 points. That was good enough for a ~90k green arrow up to an OR of ~160k.
- Looking ahead to GW14, Alphonse Areola will once again be my starting goalkeeper. The West Ham defence didn’t fare much better against Burnley. In addition, while a goalkeeper transfer is a luxury at the moment, it’s one I may need to consider once West Ham’s fixtures turn.
- I ended up transferring out Matty Cash for William Saliba in GW13. The move paid off as he and Gabriel returned an albeit fortunate double clean sheet away to Brentford. Arsenal have the best defence in the league at the moment, so I’m happy to start both players again in GW14.
- My final defensive spot will likely be occupied by Kostas Tsimikas. His Liverpool side have the joint second-best clean sheet odds in GW14 (48%).
- Charlie Taylor will be promoted to a starting berth. But, only if we get concrete information from Jürgen Klopp that Tsimikas will be rested.
- Jamaal Lascelles will probably be on my bench. I don’t expect Newcastle to shut out Manchester United and we can’t expect him to score every week!
- There’s a good chance that I spend two free transfers on midfielders this week. Mohamed Salah is the only one assured of a long-term place in my side. Either he or Erling Haaland will be my captain this Gameweek.
- I’m also happy to keep Son Heung-Min for now, especially if we find out he is on penalties. While Spurs don’t look as offensively fluent without James Maddison pulling the strings, Son still put up an xGI of 0.68 against Aston Villa. He could have easily come away with a return on another day.
- Ideally, I wanted to keep Moussa Diaby for Aston Villa’s home fixture against Bournemouth. However, he now looks to be a rotation risk following his half-time withdrawal in GW13, with last week’s top transfer target Bryan Mbeumo likely to come in for him. Annoyingly, I am now £0.2m short of making that transfer in a single move following Mbeumo’s price rises. I may therefore sell Jarrod Bowen for Cole Palmer to fund the Mbeumo move, particularly if Bowen looks likely to miss out again this week.
- Chelsea have fantastic fixtures from GW16 onwards. Because of that, I don’t mind bringing Palmer in a week or two early if needed.
- Bruno Fernandes completes my midfield quintet but may soon be on the chopping block too, with Manchester United facing a tricky run of fixtures over the festive period .
- There’s no change upfront, with Haaland and Ollie Watkins set to start once again. Following his dismal performance against Bournemouth (in which he recorded an xGI of only 0.03!), Cameron Archer is relegated to second on my bench. Archer auto-subbed in for Bowen in GW13 and I’m hoping I don’t need to call on him again anytime soon!
We handpicked the best differentials for FPL Gameweek 14 in our article here.