We take a look at how to gain rank in FPL. With the help of the Fantasy Football Scout members area, we utilise its fantastic tools to reel off some of the best ways to gain rank in double Gameweek 37 and for the final round immediately after that.
With just two rounds remaining, fantasy managers around the world will be scrambling to find ways to gain rank in FPL or an edge over their mini-league rivals. Its our last chance to make a charge to the finishing line, so lets look at ways we can go out with a bang.
Differentials can be absolutely key to gaining rank. There is risk selecting differentials over higher owned players but if they pay off, it could be a huge boost if looking to climb rank or gain an edge over our mini-league rivals.
Below is a list of lowly owned players with big potential for double Gameweek 37 and the final round in Gameweek 38 (in fixture difficulty order):
- Manchester United – Defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£4.3m) and midfielder Antony (£7.3m).
- Brighton – Midfielder Pascal Groß (£5.4m) and striker Danny Welbeck (£6.5m).
- Manchester City – Midfielders Phil Foden (£8m), Ilkay Gundogan (£7.4m), Riyad Mahrez (£7.4m) and striker Julian Alvarez (£6.1m).
- Liverpool – Defender Andrew Robertson (£6.8m) and midfielder Cody Gakpo (£7.6m).
- Crystal Palace – Midfielders Eberechi Eze (£5.6m) and Michael Olise (£5.3m).
- Tottenham – Defender Pedro Porro (£4.8m) and midfielder Son Heung-min (£11.5m).
Captaincy is one of the best ways to gain points in FPL, so getting it right is absolutely key to achieving success. Because of this, captaining and succeeding with a differential can catapult our scores and in turn our rank. However, backing a differential captain means backing against the standout captaincy option, which could cause serious damage to rank and mini-league position, especially if he does well.
There is huge risk backing a differential captain but also huge reward. Firstly is is worth noting that the standout captaincy option for the remaining two Gameweeks is Manchester City striker Erling Haaland (£12.4m). The Norwegian is the highest owned, highest scoring, most explosive and most reliable player in the game.
So, lets take a look at some of the best alternative captaincy options for the remaining Gameweeks:
- Manchester United midfielders Marcus Rashford (£7.2m) and Bruno Fernandes.
- Manchester City midfielders Kevin De Bruyne (£12.2m) and Riyad Mahrez.
- Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.7m) and midfielder Mohamed Salah (£13.1m).
- Arsenal midfielders Martin Odegaard (£6.8m), Bukayo Saka (£8.1m) and striker Gabriel Jesus (£8.1m).
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane (£11.4m).
Whilst it is unlikely many managers will have chips remaining at this point in the season, for those still carrying them, now is the time to activate them.
You can keep up to date with all of our latest articles here.