Taking a look at line-ups, goals, assists, clean sheets and anything else we could highlight that could have implications for FPL managers. We cover the Brentford v Tottenham match report. Covering eye test and key moments through-out the match with the help of the Fantasy Football Scout members area.
Overviewing the Brentford v Tottenham match can be helpful in identifying key moments in the match. This can then give FPL managers a good insight into which players and teams looked good, key injuries, fitness and even more to help us make decisions in FPL.
Line-ups – Brentford
After failing to break into the England squad for the World Cup and lots of controversy surrounding him, striker Ivan Toney starts (£7.4m) the match. He will be looking to add to his 10 goals and two assists for the season so far.
The big news is that Harry Kane (£11.6m) starts the match. The striker will be hoping to put his World Cup woes behind him and continue his fantastic start to the campaign so far. Ivan Perisic (£5.5m) also starts. The Croatian defender played deep into the World Cup so it will be interesting to see how he performs today.
Key moments – first half
- The game is underway.
- Brentford have started brightly after a dangerous corner was cleared by the Tottenham defence.
- Tottenham midfielder Son Heung-Min (£11.6m) wins a dangerous free kick on the edge of the Brentford box but Harry Kane’s strike is blocked by the wall.
- GOAL! Brentford take the lead! Midfielder Vitaly Janelt (£5.5m) find a loose ball in front of goal and taps it in after a series of ricochets between the Spurs backline. 1-0 to Brentford!
- Tottenham midfielder Dejan Kulusevksi (£8m) winds his way into the box and unleashes a shot but its straight at the goalkeeper.
- The whistle blows for half time.
- The second half is underway.
- Ivan Perisic plays in a dangerous cross but is cleared by the defender.
- There are claims for a penalty after Brentford defender Ben Mee (£4.6m) brings down Harry Kane in the box but to no prevail.
- Sloppy play from Tottenham defender Eric Dier as he scuffs a clearance and goes out for a Brentford corner.
- GOAL! Brentford striker Bryan Mbeumo (£5.8m) plays the corner in which bobbles towards Ivan Toney who places the ball into the net! 2-0 to Brentford!
- Ivan Toney picks up a yellow card for his foul.
- GOAL! Harry Kane throws himself at a cross delivered by defender Clement Lenglet (£4.8m) to claw back a goal! 2-1 to Brentford!
- CHANCE! Bryan Mbeumo has a fantastic opportunity to score but his shot blazes over the bar.
- GOAL! Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (£5.5m) finds a loose ball inside the box and beats the goalkeeper to draw level! 2-2!
- Bryan Mbeumo picks up a yellow card for his foul.
- CHANCE! Harry Kane latches onto a looping ball in the Brentford box and the ball bounces off the crossbar.
- The whistle blows for full time.
Standout FPL performances
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg claimed a huge 10 points after scoring and claiming all three bonus points.
- Vitaly Janelt picked up eight points for his goal and bonus.
- Harry Kane’s goal secured his total of six points.
Brentford were fantastic in the first half and Tottenham poor but the away side cranked up pressure in the second half. Harry Kane was positionally fantastic and should have finished the game with more goal contributions and more points.
Check out the most popular players in FPL in our article here.