With the help of the Official Premier League website and its stats we look at what to expect in Gameweek 2. We focus on the head-to-head data and pick out the teams who usually win, keep more clean sheets, score the most goals and other factors that could help us make decisions in FPL.
Not many managers may not what to expect in Gameweek 2 but here we can give some great insight into how each game may play out. This can then help with decisions around transfers, captaincy, chips and more to give you an edge.
Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United
- In the 15 matches played between the sides there has been six draws and both have won at least four matches each.
- Both teams have scored in four of the last five matchups.
- The only team to have kept a clean sheet in the last five games was Sheffield United.
Fulham v Brentford
- In the 12 games played between the clubs Brentford have dominated with seven wins.
- Five goals have been scored in three of the last five matches.
- Brentford have scored at least one goal in all of their last five matches against Fulham.
Liverpool v Bournemouth
- Liverpool have won 12 of the 15 matches they played against The Cherries.
- The Reds have scored a huge 17 goals in the last five matches against Bournemouth.
- Bournemouth conceded some of the worst defensive stats in the league last season.
Wolves v Brighton
- In the 14 matches played between the clubs half of them ended in draws.
- Brighton have scored between three and six goals in all three of their last matchups.
- Wolves have won just two matches against Brighton, both came in the last five games.
Spurs v Manchester United
- Manchester United have won a whopping 44 of their 68 games against Spurs.
- Manchester United have scored at least two goals in all of their last five matchups.
- Spurs have taken one point from the last five matches against Manchester United.
Manchester City v Newcastle
- Manchester City have dominated the 49 games they have played against Newcastle with 30 wins.
- Manchester City have scored four goals in three of their last five matches against their Gameweek 2 opponent.
- Newcastle scored three goals in two of their last five head-to-heads.
Aston Villa v Everton
- In the 57 matches played between the clubs there has been 19 draws, 24 Aston Villa wins and 14 Everton wins.
- Aston Villa scored two or more goals in three of their last matches against the Toffees.
- Everton kept one clean sheet in their last five matchups.
West Ham v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won 29 of their 55 games against West Ham.
- The Blues have scored in all of their last five matchups.
- West Ham have failed to keep a single clean sheet against Chelsea in the last five games.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal
- Arsenal won 16 of their 28 matches against Crystal Palace.
- There have been at least two goals scored in each of the last five games.
- Arsenal kept just one clean sheet in their last five matchups.
Not sure who to sign for Gameweek 2? Find out in our article right here.