This looks at the next opponent of Fantasy Premier League’s (FPL) top players, assessing whether they have a good or bad record against them. Of course, it’s just for fun and doesn’t take into account factors such as the player moving clubs. A lot can change in the years since Striker A scored a hat-trick against Team B. However, if a player enjoys playing at a certain ground against a particular centre back, that could be useful information for the FPL community.
(NB. Premier League matches only. Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t included because his 2003-09 appearances were too long ago to be relevant)
- Harry Kane has six double-digit scores vs Leicester, including the 24 points that came from four goals and an assist during Spurs’ 6-1 win of 2016/17.
- Although Bruno Fernandes missed a penalty in his Gameweek 6 clash with Aston Villa, he has delivered a goal and 10+ points in his other three.
- It’s not just Kane who is productive when Leicester meet Spurs – Jamie Vardy badded three goals and 25 points from last season’s two meetings.
- The Double Gameweek also pits Spurs against Arsenal, where Son Heung-min has delivered 13 points in both of their most recent north London derbies.
- Vardy then faces Burnley, after scoring twice during their Gameweek 6 meeting.
- Romelu Lukaku scored against Brighton during their very recent 1-1 draw (29th December).