There are a couple of games still to be rearranged in the Premier League this season. The Premier League have issued a statement about the impact that the FA Cup will have and when the fixtures could be rearranged for. FPL managers now have a Double Gameweek announcement and so after Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final will know when one of the rearranged games will be played.
In the Premier League’s statement they have stated that:
Should Chelsea progress to the FA Cup final on Saturday 14 May, the match between Manchester United and Chelsea will move to a 19:45 kick-off time on Thursday 28 April. This match will remain live on Sky Sports.
Should Crystal Palace progress, Aston Villa v Crystal Palace will take place at 20:15 on Tuesday 3 May.Official Premier League
What does this Double Gameweek announcement mean for FPL?
If Chelsea win
- Chelsea’s Gameweek 37 match with Manchester United will move to Gameweek 34
- Chelsea would then only have one match in Gameweek 37 instead of the two we are currently expecting.
- Man United would blank in Gameweek 37.
- Chelsea would then play twice in Gameweek 34 against West Ham and Man Utd
- Man United would also play twice in Gameweek 34 against Arsenal and Chelsea
If Palace win
- Crystal Palace’s Gameweek 37 match with Aston Villa will move to Gameweek 35
- Crystal Palace would then have a single fixture in Gameweek 37 against Everton
- Aston Villa would also have a single Gameweek in Gameweek 37 against Burnley
- Palace’s double in Gameweek 35 would be Southampton and Aston Villa
- Aston Villa’s double would be Norwich and Palace
Wondering what to expect from the Gameweek 33 fixtures? Check out our recent article.